International Webinar 2021 - Serious games: creativity and innovation in education
Dernière mise à jour le 16 décembre 2020
Have you experienced game-based teaching or learning? Would you like to discover innovative and playful ways of teaching?
Join us for 7 weeks in a small online research community. Together, we will explore some planets in the vast universe of learning games.
- Teaching with games?
- Adapting games for the integration of all students
- Educational scenarios including games
- Games to foster creativity
- Multimedia game books
- Video games to learn and create
Online synchronous sessions (Zoom), as well as asynchronous activities and collaborative homework. Activities vary from workshops, conferences and forum discussions, to creative activities, game testing, video analysis and collaborative game creation. At each session, different speakers (teacher trainers, field teachers, alumni) will present and discuss their work with the group.
A web documentary will also provide audiovisual content. It will remain after the webinar.
Present your game!
In a special evening, invited alumni, students, teachers and game designers will give a demonstration of serious games they created (board games, escape rooms, video games, art games, interactive novels). You will also have the opportunity to present and discuss your own productions, if you have made some (tell us more).
What happens between sessions?
You will watch and comment some videos, discuss your ideas on the online forum and collaborate to create a pedagogical game. In the conclusive session, your team will proudly present it to the whole group.
24 students BA, MA or PhD, from Universities of Teacher Education (2 people per institution). You will work in a team with another student from your institution.
Monday evenings from 17h45 to 20h30 (UTC +1), from April 26th to June 7th, 2021.
- To be fluent in English (level B2).
- To be seriously interested in games as pedagogical tools.
- To engage to participate to all online synchronous sessions.
- Image right and copyright: to accept that your creations and some parts of online discussions can be later included in the web documentary and shared publicly on the web (creative commons). You will be informed if you appear.
- Material: to have access to a computer with a webcam, tablet or smartphone (to film the tests of your games), and the possibility to use Zoom.
- A good and reliable internet connection
3 ECTS credits will be awarded for your active participation throughout the program.
Participation is free of charge.
Prof. Florence Quinche, HEP-Vaud, Arts & technology teaching and research unit, Csel (UPAV)
Please send a short cover letter, about your interest in serious games and your experience with game-based teaching, to the email-address below. Deadline is January 7th, 2021.
For candidacy and more information
With the financial support of the Board of Higher Education of canton Vaud.